We can’t think of a better way to start your morning than getting uniform news wired right to you from Alternate Uni.
So grab your coffee and read up on some of today’s uniform news.
- Major League Baseball’s All-Star game happened last night. Check out all the photos from the game here.
- MLB All-Star game hat’s bring back memories of the days of old.
“The All-Star Game has always provided a gathering of greatness in the baseball world, but there was a time when it doubled as a collection of different uniform colors.”
- Check out some of the coolest MLB All-Star jersey designs over the past decade.
“Of course, as with alternate jerseys, spring training uniforms and batting practice gear, the goal is to sell more MLB-licensed product. But in the past 15 years, some of the uniform designs have distinguished themselves as stylish, elegant tributes to the host city. These five designs, listed chronologically, comprise the coolest All-Star jerseys from the millennium so far.”
- NBA teams that have won NBA championships will have something new added to their uniforms this coming season.
“All NBA teams that have won a championship will wear a small gold tab on their back jersey collars starting with the 2014-15 season, according to images obtained from an adidas retail catalog that began circulating on the Internet on Tuesday afternoon.”
- Here are a list of teams that will wear throwbacks in the NBA this season.
- The Nike Day-Glo apperal is love and hated by many. But now, Nike has put their Day-Glo on baseball gloves.
“The Nike Vapor 360 glove uses a mix of synthetic materials and engineered leather to create a lightweight alternative to an all-leather glove, also eliminating the two or three months needed to break a glove in.”
- Everybody loves logo mashups! Check out these NFL/MLB mashups.
“NFL Memes Duo composed of Graphic Designer Brandon Hubschman and Weis Karzai fused each NFL logo with its most applicable MLB team, with respect to most importantly location then team lineage. With a two team disparity in respect to MLB, formerly existing teams were used as well as teams who were in relatively close proximity to compensate. You can see more of Brandon’s NFL design work on his Behance page.”